Saturday, December 10, 2011

Eat Clean with Yummy Cake-Like Organic Manna Bread


hotandhealthyliving.com Anything sweet (or even remotely dessert-like) always scores big points with me in the taste department. While I could easily polish off a huge piece of cake any day (somehow I muster up the control not to do this), its definitely a challenge to find healthy sweets that align with a whole foods diet. Every time I grocery shop, I keep my eyes peeled for the latest and greatest truly healthy sweet find. Unhappily, I rarely come across a convenience food that meets my ridiculously strict whole foods diet nutrition criteria. Manna bread, I am overjoyed to say, exceeds even my requirements for a sweet find. Lets start with taste. Manna bread is a muffin-y, cake-like tasting bread that is sweet, moist and chewy all at once. Its also extremely satisfying. If Im having a sweet craving all I need to do is slice some manna bread, spread it with some raw almond butter and put a few dried apples on top. Its also amazing with raw honey and a bit of hardened (butter-like) extra virgin coconut oil on top (I especially like Barleans brand of coconut oil). If Im really needing something totally decadent, Ill use manna bread as the base for a chocolaty dessert; simply cut a slice of manna bread, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top, place a few mini dark chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips) on top and pop the whole thing in the microwave to melt the chocolate and heat the manna bread. Top it with one heaping tablespoon ...

Promotional Oakley Minute Sunglasses




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links